Sunday, July 7, 2013

Quilting with a Modern Aesthetic

I decided to take off in another direction with some of my quilts.  I would like to explore more "modern" quilting.  I enjoy making slabs of fabric out of scraps and creating blocks.  I enjoy making traditional blocks made with modern fabrics.  I enjoy making "wonky" blocks. This venue will give me a chance to explore my "modern" side.

Wonky Log Cabin

I participated in one of Madame Samm's blog hops.  I made this cute wonky log cabin blocks and did a tutorial.  That was great fun and the first time I ever attempted a tutorial.

Improv Block

I made this when I was practicing for the QuiltCon Block Challenge.  I bound it and gave it to my sister for a mini-quilt hanging.  She had commented that it looked like a Mondrian painting.

Wonky Stars Quilt

I made this from a tutorial by verykerryberry QAL.  It was my first time with wonky stars.  I was inspired by a quilt that I found on Pinterest which had a link back to the QAL.  The actual tutorial for the wonky stars is from Silly BooDilly.  

As I add more "modern" quilts to my pile, I will keep on posting.  


1 comment:

  1. Love the modern improv block with the Denyse Schmidt fabrics. I'm always drawn to her work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment.