Sunday, July 28, 2013

Taming my Scraps

I finally could not stand my overflowing scrap bucket any longer.  I got as far as ironing every fabric and sorting by modern scraps, traditional scraps and strings.  There was a lot of fabric in my scrap bucket. It seems to be able to replicate itself and create more scraps.  Ha.  I have it tamed for now anyway.


I did not realize how much grey and texty fabric I had in the scrap bucket.  I forgot I made a quilt for my oldest son out it and had lots leftover.  I am going to have a separate plastic box just for my grey fabric.  I think I got carried away with purchases.

You can catch a glimpse of my new Olfa Splash rotary cutter in the right top corner.  I love it.  It is the best rotary cutter that I have used.  So comfortable.

Hopefully I can get back to my Tula Pink City Sampler blocks this week.  I have been trying to get my bee blocks done.  I think I need to up my hexie sewing skills.  I always seem to be sewing the wrong sides together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment.